School Community Council Minutes
Members Present: Yazmin Mendoza, Sandra Mendoza, Sandy Ballona, Emily Heath, Josie McClendon, Judith Garcia, Dolores Gonzalez, Gricelda Hernandez, Lizeth Flores, Jeri Rigby, Jenna Landward
- Welcome & Introductions
- Things to Consider
- Teacher of the Year Nomination – Nomination Forms distributed
- Parent Engagement – FLC, ClassDojo
- TSSP updates – staffing, technology, student resources
- Accredidation – Going on now, parents will receive a survey to complete via email
- School Boundary Changes – Later this school year, SCC members will be notified of Parent Focus Groups in the future
- CSD and Comcast are partnering to provide free internet to Copperview families in need of this resource. Families need to visit or call the front office for more information. Offer is good till May 2021.
- Upcoming Events
26 – Mobile Food Bank
8-11 – Kindness Week
8 – Students bring Valentines to school, students can bring Valentine’s cards and treats earlier than the 8thif preferred. Individually wrapped, store bought treats or food are allowed.
10 – Big Smiles Dental Clinic – Jenna will check to see if adults are able to be seen
12 – PTA
16-18 – Digital Citizenship Week – A week dedicated to educating our students on the importance of being safe and responsible digital citizens. Pajama day will be on Thursday, February 18th. More info to come on Dig Cit week.
16 – SCC
23 – Mobile Food Pantry
24 & 25 – PTC & Book Fair – PTCs will be by phone or virtual (parent can choose their preference). Teachers will be contacting parents to schedule.
Chick Fil-A night fundraiser for Copperview PTA, more info to come. No chocolate fundraiser due to safety concerns for students and staff. Josie is working on finding out if we can still do an online book fair for this year.
1-4 – Read Across America Week
15 – 18 Penny Wars – Fundraiser for 2021-2022 school field trips
16 – SCC
23 – Mobile Food Bank
24 – Mobile Vision Clinic
- Tentative Meeting Schedule – Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30
- February 16
- March 16
- April 20
- May 18
- Future Meeting Agenda Items
- Attendance Plan considerations
- TSSP Plan – Updates on Progress
- School Boundary Changes